Why be a member?
Why be a member?
Your membership in WEA means you have the support of the National Education Association (NEA), our state's Washington Education Association (WEA), your regional UniServ council (Puget Sound), and your local education association.
Being a WEA member means:
- Accurate information amid a changing landscape in education
- Support in bargaining your local contract
- A strong voice in the Washington Legislature
- Professional development opportunities to help keep your skills sharp
- Eligibility to attend cohorts for obtaining ProTeach and National Board Certification
- $3 million on-the-job educator employment liability insurance coverage
- Legal assistance from WEA attorneys
- Resources to help in the classroom
- Access to grants from the WEA Children's Fund, which benefits needy children
- Opportunity to attend pre-retirement seminars presented by WEA-Retired
- Money-saving discounts to help stretch your paychecks
- A community of dedicated educators
Don't miss out on these benefits of membership!
When you become a member of the Auburn Education Association, you also become a member of the Washington Education Association (WEA) and National Education Association (NEA).
The Washington Education Association is the voice of public educators in Washington — the voice calling for quality public education, reasonable class sizes, and professional pay and respect for those responsible for our children. With more than 90,000 members WEA is the largest representative of public school employees in the state.
The National Education Association is the voice of education professionals in the United States. NEA's work is fundamental to the nation with over 3.2 million members.